We are looking for enthusiastic and reliable individuals to help support the Education Team develop and deliver the formal education programme at Fort Nelson in Fareham.
- Moving groups and classes around the site in accordance with timetables
- Supporting the delivery of elements of sessions where required (in some instances this may involve wearing period costume provided by the Fort)
- Setting up & clearing away of learning spaces
- Maintaining resources
- Administrative tasks e.g. populating and updating schools database
You will need to be available during booked school visits to the fort - Monday to Friday during term time.
You will also require an enhanced DBS check
Why get involved?
The role is interesting and varied and you will gain experience in:
- Customer service skills
- Experience of working with children and young people
- Knowledge of how facilitated formal learning takes place within a museum environment
- Understanding of how to effectively use museum objects to engage different audiences
- Working knowledge of the National Curriculum
- Administrative skills
- Teamwork skills
- Activity and event organisation skills
How to get involved?
Step 1: Sign up or log in to www.royalarmouries.volunteermakers.org/login/
Step 2: Accept the challenge
Step 3: You will be contacted by a member of the team with further information.
Step 4: You will be offered an interview to assess your suitability for the role and will be notified if successful.
Step 5: Once the challenge is complete, don’t forget to sign back here to add your volunteering hours and mark the challenge as complete. Your hours will appear on your profile.
- Customer Service
- Event Stewarding
- Working with Young People
- Community Work
- Learning and Education
- Visitor Service/ Front of House