We're reviewing our visitor counting algorithms and need some help to ensure we're as accurate as possible. We have recently installed a new counter at our main entrance which tracks movement in and out of the building. What it can't do is tell us whether the person is a museum visitor, staff member, contractor or conference guest.
This is where you can help us, by giving us at least an hour of your time to count visitors who are going into the museum galleries. The day will be divided into hour slots with each count being reset on the hour and recorded.
This project will run for 6 weeks over May and June 2019 covering as many dates as possible including school holidays, term-time, weekends and most importantly - the late May Bank Holiday horse show.
If you are under 16 you must complete this challenge with a parent or guardian
You will be given counters and located by the Welcome desk in the museum's main lobby
You will count all adult and child visitors entering the museum galleries
Every hour, the count will be recorded and re-set
Why get involved?
- You don't need any experience to complete this challenge. Only the ability to either sit or stand and click the counter for at least an hour.
- You will gain insight into the processes of how large national museums record and report visitor numbers
- This work is invaluable and your time will be greatly appreciated. The data that you collect will be used to calculate a formula that we will use to report visitor figures for the rest of the year.
- Once the project is completed you will be invited to a thank you event where we will present the finding and outcomes over a coffee and some cake
How to get involved?
Step 1: Sign up or log in to www.royalarmouries.volunteermakers.org/login/
Step 2: Accept the challenge
Step 3: You will be contacted by a member of the team and will be asked for your availability
Step 4: You will be given your time slot/s that you will be counting with further information on how to count
Step 5: Turn up, sign in, and start counting!
Step 6: Once the challenge is complete, don’t forget to sign back here to add your volunteering hours and mark the challenge as complete. Your hours will appear on your profile.
- Working independently
- Business and management
- Visitor Service/ Front of House